We are looking for a baker to join the baking team at our newest Boutique Bakery location! The right candidate will prepare different types of bread and a wide range of pastries, cookies, cakes and pies. Baker responsibilities include opening the bakery early in the morning, mixing dough, preparing fillings and glazing pastries. Two years minimum baking experience is preferred.
- Open the bakery early in the morning
- Mixing sourdough/yeast dough, managing fermentation, scaling, shaping, and baking
- Responsible for assembling, mixing, and finishing pastry and viennoiserie while adhering to Two Guns Espresso vision, culture, and team values
- Early Morning Shift required
- Clean kitchen equipment and tools before use
- Weigh flour and other ingredients to prepare dough
- Bake different bread types
- Adjust oven temperatures to ensure proper baking
- Mix various ingredients to create fillings for cakes and pies (e.g. chocolate ganache, caramel sauce and fruits)
- Decorate cakes with glazes, icings, buttercream and edible toppings, like flowers
- Shape dough to prepare different types of pastries, including croissants, cookies and sweet rolls
- Prepare custom-made pastries based on customers’ preferences (e.g. birthday cakes)
- Ensure all daily and weekly deep cleaning is carried out to company standards
- 2 year minimum experience working in a bakery environment
- Familiarity with all professional kitchen equipment, including mixers, blenders and dough sheeters a plus
- Understanding of food safety practices
- Passion for learning new skills and willingness to grow as part of a dedicated team
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment
- Team spirit, with a customer-focused attitude
- Flexibility to work in early morning shifts
- Problem solving attitude
- Certification from a culinary school is a plus
- Current food handlers certificate
- Frequent standing and walking
- Ability to use a computer
- Occasionally lifting 50 lbs
- Frequent bending at the waist, reaching and grabbing'
'Work Remotely No
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $20.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
COVID-19 considerations: Two Guns are following all guidelines set by the Los Angeles Health Department to keep our team and customers safe.
- 1) Describe your favorite dessert/ recipe that you like to make and why?
2) Where have you gained your passion or interest in baking? Family member/traveling/certain experience/ etc?
- 1) Do you feel comfortable working at a quick pace, working alone once properly trained and working early mornings?
4) In what way do you believe you are best fit for this position as baker?
- Baking: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person